The Apple Pay functionality will be available from Prestashop 1.7 and version 3.9.0 of the PayPlug module.
As a reminder, Apple Pay will only be available on your website if it meets the following conditions:
- be in https
- be publicly accessible
Domain and sub-domains
The first step is to identify the domain and sub-domains of your site where the Apple Pay payment button will appear.
The domain is the unique and precise name that defines a delimited section of the Internet, such as a website. A domain often looks like this:
A sub-domain is used to divide a website into several sections, for example :
Hosting the file
The second step is to host the file below on your site:
This file must be publicly accessible.
In order to host the file on your website, please follow the steps below:
- You have to be connected in ftp, you can use a software like filezilla for example.
- Create a .well-known folder on your computer (if it does not appear, do not hesitate to force the display of hidden folders)
- Upload the apple-developer-merchantid-domain-association file provided by PayPlug to this .well-known folder
- Check that the “successful file transfer” message is displayed.
- Finally, send an email to email@example.com in which you confirm that you have hosted the file and you communicate the domain and sub-domains of your site on which you want to display the Apple Pay payment button.
From this moment, PayPlug takes care of the formalities with Apple and we will come back to you as soon as possible for the last step below, the activation.
Activation in the Prestashop back office
For the last step, simply go to your Prestashop back office and activate the feature as shown below.
The activation is now complete, if you want to test Apple Pay on your shop, don't forget to use Safari, Apple's web browser. Apple Pay is not available on other browsers such as Google Chrome for example.
To find out more about Apple Pay's functionality you can read our dedicated FAQ.