Where can I find payment informations?
To keep track of the payments request created from your portal, by an e-commerce module (Prestashop, WooCommerce..) or using a technical integration there are several payment statuses which allow you to determine the state of the payment.
Details of payment informations
|Status||Payment request||E-commerce and Products||PayPlug API|
|Pending||The payment was created and has not been paid yet||The payment was created and has not been paid yet||The payment was not paid, aborted, or failed.|
|Canceled||The payment was not paid and then it was cancelled by merchant||Not Available||Not Available|
|Failed||Not Available||The payment attempt failed||3 options:
|Paid||The payment was paid||The payment was paid||The payment was paid|
|Refunded||The payment was completely refunded||The payment was completely refunded||The payment was completely refunded|
In your PayPlug Portal you can now see when a payment has failed and clicking on a payment will give you additional information about the cause of the failure. Failed payments were not displayed before in the PayPlug Portal.
Here is a list of the available failure reasons:
- There was an error while processing the payment.
- The customer's bank declined the payment.
- The card has reached its transaction limit.
- The customer's bank could not complete 3DS authentication.
- The card data is not correct (card number, expiry date or CVV).
- The payment is suspected to be a fraud (ex.: payment with a stolen card).
- You have aborted the transaction.
- The payment was cancelled by the customer
- Not available
- The customer has not tried to pay and left the payment page.
- The payment method is not supported (e.g. e-carte bleue).
Other messages will complete this list to improve the payments monitoring in your shop.
All this information is also available in the payments export.
Why you should check the payments information?
In order to increase your conversion rate, we recommend checking this message.
Here are some tips on how this information can help you.
- The payment is suspected to be a fraud: Do not call back this customer, he certainly used a credit card stolen declared.
- The payment was cancelled by the customer: you can contact the customer and offer him a promotion. You can also send him a payment request directly on his mobile phone.
- The customer's bank could not complete 3DS authentication: The customer's bank could not complete the 3DS authentication: you can contact the customer and send him a payment request as he probably made an error when trying to perform the 3DS authentication. You can also ask him to retry or use another card.
For each payment you will also see additional information:
- The card country (if the payment has been paid)
- The platform used by the customer to perform the payment (Desktop, Phone ...)
- The information about the customer's browser (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer ...)
- The number of payment attempts
- If the payment has failed, the information concerning the problem encountered
- If the 3-D Secure was activated during the transaction
- The date and time of the transaction.