What is Test mode?
To allow you to test the service upon subscription, we have created a TEST mode. We strongly encourage you to test the solution to get accustomed to the various features offered by PayPlug.
To get from the "TEST" mode to the "LIVE" mode, you can read our article about an account activation.
The TEST environment is identical to the production (LIVE) environment and allows you to simulate real payment conditions.
Here are some examples of what you can do in Test mode:
- Make some payments (the card numbers 4242 4242 4242 4242 and 5500 0055 5555 5559 can realize successful payments.)
- See your transactions' list to check the payment information and the failure reasons
- Install and use a PayPlug module for your website. (more information)
- Send some payment requests.
- Make some payment buttons.
- Customize your payment page.
- Make some bank transfers from your PayPlug account.
- Make some developments to integrate one of our libraries on your website.
To test our service by simulating payment, you can use the following card numbers:
- 4242 4242 4242 4242 (successful payment Visa)
- 5500 0055 5555 5559 (successful payment Mastercard)
- 4000 0000 0000 0051 (declined card)
- 4000 0000 0000 0085 (processing error)
- 4000 0000 0000 0077 (lack of funds)
- 5184 6800 0000 0170 (3D-Secure declined)
To use these cards you can enter any cryptogram (CVV) with 3 numbers and any date in the future.
Others card numbers are available if you make some developments via the PayPlug API.
Important to know:
- Any CVV numbers and any expiration date in the future will be considered valid.
- Test card numbers allow you to simulate payments.
- When you are in Test mode, only those specific card numbers can be used.
- If you use some real card numbers, the payments won't work and you will get an error message.
- If you use one of our modules on your website, please don't forget to check the "Test mode" field on the configuration page of your website.
- If you are making some developments for a technical integration and you need to find the API keys, please go to this section of your PayPlug portal.
Note: All transactions and buttons created in TEST mode will not be transferred to your production environment. In addition, if you have performed an API integration or used the PHP library, you will need to ensure you use your production configuration settings to perform real payments.
To learn how to change the Test mode to Production mode: read this article.
Please note that only the accounts activated will be able to work in LIVE mode.