This payment's method is available only for Premium offer and was released for the versions 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 of PrestaShop.
- To know
- How to activate the split payment?
- What are the displayed options?
- Installments display in the PrestaShop back-office
- The different status
- Split payment interruption
- Split payment refund
- Display of the split payment to the customer
The split payment is not guaranteed. The credit card is displayed each time, which implies that your customer should have the amount on his bank account.
In case of a failed payment, the following installments will aslo be so.
The split payment do not allow the installments amount modification.
This is not possible to limit split payment to one product, one category of only to trustworthy customers. This possibility will be added in a further version of the plugin.
At each installment, you and your customers will receive a payment confimation email.
The split payment can not be used for the sale of alcoholic beverages.
If it is the first time you are installing the PayPlug plugin, you can read that article here.
In order to activate the split payment, you should follow these steps:
- Empty your PrestaShop cache. For that purpose, go in the "Advanced Parameters" menu, then "Performance" and click on "Clear cache" at the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Click on the "Modules and Services" menu in order to find the PayPlug plugin.
- Look for "payplug" then click on "Configure" in order to enter the plugin configuration page.
- At the bottom of the page, go in the "Advanced settings(Premium account only)" section.
- From the field "Enable payments by installments", place the cursor on "Yes".
- Click on "Update Settings".
- Possibility to have 2, 3, 4 installments
- Amount from which the option will be displayed to your customers (the minimum being 4€ and the maximum being 20 000€).
For the time being, the amount split is the same for all installments. For example, if you chose a payment in 4 installments, the total amount to be paid will be split in 4 transactions of 25% each.
- From the "Orders" menu of your PrestaShop back-office, click on the concerned order.
- Look at the ''Payment" and "PayPlug payment details" sections.
"Payment" SectionThe split payments are displayed in separated lines. This section represents the following elements: the date/ means of payment / the transaction id/ the amount/ the invoice number.
Each has a different id but the invoice number is the same.
As long as the order isn't entirely paid, an alert message is displayed.
"PayPlug Payment Detail" Section
As long as a split payment is chosen by your customers, an installment plan is displayedin this section.
The installment plan displays:
- The split payment status (waiting/paid/interrupted).
- The installments status (Paid/ Refunded/ Failed/ To be paid/ interrupted).
- You can click on the "Details" button of an installment in order to have more information.
- The "Details" button, displays elements like : PayPlug payment's id/ the status/ the date, type of card/ the credit card last 4 figures/ the 3D secure/ the expiry date/ the mode (Live or Test).
The following payment status are available:
Installment ongoing: An order has a running split payment.
Paid: the order is totally paid or a one of the installment plan is paid.
Refunded: a payment from the installment plan is refunded
Failed: a payment from the installment plan has failed
Coming: a payment must come in the future indicated in the installment plan.
Suspended: the order is interrupted or a future installment won't be debited.
Point to know:This is possible to interrupt a split payment, after any installment. For that, you will only have to click on the "Interrupt "button, available on the "PayPlug payment Details".
As soon as the split payment is interrupted, the remaining installments will also be so.
If a split payment is interrupted, it is, unfortunately, not possible to get it back. In that case, the solution is to send a payment request to your cutomer. (More information).
What can I do in case of split payment interruption?
Your customers can select the split payment option at checkout.
The installments will be displayed to your customers on the payment page.