What is one-click payment?
If you are a Premium member (more information), you have the possibility to activate one-click payment on your PrestaShop site.
One-click payment will allow your clients to save their credit card for future transactions. This way, the user’s experience on your online store will be simplified and speed up as they will not have to fill out all of their information again when they come back to your site.
How do I activate one-click buying?
You should follow these steps:
1. Go to the back-office of your PrestaShop site.
2. Click the “Modules & Services” menu at the left of the page, then click “Payment”.
3. The PayPlug module should be displayed in the "Active payment" section. Click “Configure”
4. Now you will be taken to the PayPlug module’s configuration page. Under "SETTINGS" you will find "Enable one-click payments" at the lower left of this section. You should click on "YES".
5. Click "UPDATE SETTINGS", on the lower left of this section.
Once you have completed all of these steps, one-click payment will be available for your clients.
What will your clients see once you activate one-click payment?
1. On their first purchase, your customers will have the option to check the "Save my card details" field. If they do so, a token will be securely stored in our online vault, allowing the client to use their credit card details (in no moment will they be visible) for future purchases. On the first purchase with a Saved Card, it will be compulsory to insert the 3D-Secure code.
2. Regarding future purchases, if the save card option was ticked by your customer, he will not have to type his card details again. Once your customer completes his shopping cart, he will be offered to pay right away with the save card or to use a new card.
3. If the client chooses to use the saved card and clicks on "PAY", the purchase will be completed instantly; he will not be taken to a payment page.
4. Your clients can find all the information regarding their saved credit card in your website, under "My account" by clicking on “Saved cards”. They have the choice to delete the saved card at any time.